Friday, January 20, 2012

Frankfurt, Here I Come! :)

You can never know what will be the result of a small local showcase.

I am so excited to share with you the news:
In exactly 6 days I will be on my way to Germany for a very special event as a guest artist of Staedtler - The "Creative World" 2012 fair.
But first things first, here is some background -

A while ago our local FIMO importer along with Staedtler Germany and the Israeli polymer clay guild held an event discussing new trends in the polymer clay world and introducing new materials by Staedtler.

The event included demonstrations, goody bags (of course!) and artistic showcase by the local Israeli polymer clay guild members.
Since I was in the middle of my "Bags Fever Season", I chose to present 3 of my "Brocade Collection" pouches, in 3 different sizes.

At the end of the event, one of Staedtler representatives approached me and complimented me on the unique design of the bags, asked technical questions about the design, technique and materials, and then we said goodbye and I returned home.

Few weeks later, I got an email from Staedtler asking me to be their presenter and guest artist in "Creative World 2012" trade fair, taking place at the end of January in Frankfurt, Germany.
This show is introducing new trend of hobbies, as well as providing interesting workshops and live demonstrations, and they asked me to showcase my unique purses designs.

As you can guess I was very proud and happy to accept this wonderful offer!

The fair will take place on 28-31Jan @ Messe Frankfurt, with more than 50,000 people from all over the world coming, I will demonstrate my special flower canning and the "Brocade Collection" purses, giving a glimpse to an endless world of possibilities.

For the last couple of weeks I have been working on new bag designs using the new FIMO texture sheets, these sheets are wonderful, easy to use and they include fabulous new designs and patterns such as leather pattern, wood, crocodile skin, music notes, lace, baroque designs and many more!

The bags colors were influenced by the new color palette by FIMO (pastel colors) using new combinations and shapes (glasses bag).

In addition, I contributed my own edition of elegant fountain pens, which will be soon available in stores and joining the great collection of accessories by Staedtler.

This event is going to be a wonderful artistic experience, I hope I'll have some time to see a bit of that "creative goods" and I promise to keep you posted.

More photos of my new designs can be seen in my flickr gallery @

If you get the chance to come and visit, or live close to Frankfurt - Please come and say hello!
I will be more than happy to see polymer friends! :)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful honor. Good luck in Frankfurt and have fun. The new designs are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Iris! Good luck in Frankfurt and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! I am looking forward to the possibility that I might be able to meet you!
    I wish you a pleasant journey!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation iris. .this is good news. Have a happy journey. Anat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy for you Iris.That concept was a breakthrough and they ( Standler) found their best spokesperson in you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a very talented polymer clay artist. I've just started to use it but looking at your blog reaps much inspiration. Thank you for your lovely blog and shop x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finnaly i can post a comment! I tried so manny times but it didn't work!
    I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS, you work is amazing! I wish i could go to Frankfurt and see you work in full colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward many photos and video from the fair.

    ReplyDelete